Technical Architect, Cloud Infrastructure Architect, Azure, Cloud Services, Hosted solutions, encryption, C#, .Net, C++, Java, Enterprise level software – East Midlands – 55-60K
THE ROLE: We are looking for a minimum of 2 Technical Architects with a strong software design background (.Net/C#/C++/Java) coupled with an appreciation or experience of Cloud / SAAS based infrastructure.
Absolutely key to this role is an in depth understanding of complex software engineering principles such as polymorphism, Generics, Design Patterns, Locking, IO, Queuing, Handles, distributed Systems, Threading and Transactions. If you dont have a lot of experience with Azure or Amazon cloud but roughly know how it all hangs together and can deliver on everything else then we want to talk to you.
Joining a newly formed Architecture Team some of your responsibilities will be:
* Writing up non-functional requirements.
* Oversee the software development / implementation
* Owning non-functional architecture that includes infrastructure, Microsoft Azure, configuration, application performance, non-functional tooling, software deployments, application security, etc.
* Producing technical design documents that match non-functional requirements.
* Explaining the technical design documents to the developers and helping them build it.
* Produce proof of concepts that could be handed over to the software engineers for full-scale development.
* Work closely with the cloud management team to produce a technical road map.
This is a pretty cool job. You will be reporting into a manager who is at the fore front of technology innovation, embraces new ideas and encourages creativity – a big tick if you ask me!
THE CLIENT: An established Software house producing cutting edge, marketing leading enterprise software and more recently cloud based solutions for a UK and global market. They have a start-up feel to it due to all the R&D going on but has a 30 year history and financial security – Yes, this really is that good. Multiple offices in the East Midlands, offering flexi start/finish times and some home working.
PACKAGE ON OFFER: If it wasn’t enough that you will be working on some pretty ace software projects, reporting into a great manager and having the latest technology at your fingertips you will also be rewarded with a competitive salary; £60K (-/+) base, a company that believes in investing in its staff as much as its technology, on-going training and support, pension, free parking. Some flexibility in hours. This is a long term opportunity, a true career move with realistic potential for internal promotion.
Their East Midlands based modern offices are easily commutable from Nottingham, Leicester, Derby, Nuneaton and Chesterfield.
Ascent People is acting as an Employment agency for this role. Candidates of all ages and backgrounds will be for this position.