Senior Infrastructure Engineer, Active Directory, Office 365, Enterprise Voice, SQL Server, VMWare/Hyper V, Dynamics AX, Cloud/Azure – Microsoft Platform Ownership – 45K + Bens
* Can you be the ‘Go to Person for all things Microsoft?’
* Do you want to work for a company about to embark on an exciting journey?
* Does your background scream out “Mr/Mrs Microsoft” if so we want to hear from you….
ROLE: A fantastic Infrastructure Engineer / Microsoft Specialist job for someone steeped in Microsoft skills and who can take ownership of the full Microsoft Platform including Windows Client/Server, Office 365, Enterprise Voice, Active Directory, Dynamics (AX), SharePoint, SQL Server, Virtualisation & Microsoft Azure.
Joining a forward thinking and driven team this role will have you working alongside the Infrastructure Manager to architect and plan infrastructure developments. Other responsibilities will include:
* Monitoring and maintaining operational and performance levels across all Microsoft platforms.
* Identifying shortfalls or potential problems as well as recognising business benefits/requirements using technical solutions including training
* Incident Management & ITIL Change and Release Management Processes.
* 3rd party supplier management
* You will also be the escalation point for some 3rd line support issues.
* Managing Security, Availability, Capacity and Performance management
* Attending meetings/seminars/workshops
* Continual improvement of the systems
* Providing a high quality of service delivery.
* Identifying security risks related to Microsoft platforms
Any knowledge of the following tech will be advantageous but not a necessity: BizTalk, IIS, Clustering (MSCS / NLB), PowerShell, DevOps, WSUS / Patch Management.
Apart from a strong technical aptitude, personality and motivation is equally important. This is an extremely fast paced environment where attention to detail and meeting deadlines is critical. Being a team player is also crucial to the success of this client. Understanding and wanting to be a part of the overall business objective is key.
Flexibility in hours and approach to your role is required and in return you will get the opportunity to work in an environment that most people can only dream of. Creating and breaking records on a regular basis, working with the best and latest technology but also some of the best technical minds in the industry.
Salary & Benefits: c45K + bonus, Gym and medical. Free parking and onsite canteen. This client is commutable from Banbury, Bicester, Milton Keynes and Aylesbury.
If you believe you fit the role, then please click apply for immediate consideration. Your CV will come straight to my inbox and I shall contact you soon after. If you don’t have a CV ready just send me an email and we can talk through the role and you can get a CV together later. Find me on LinkedIn https://uk.linkedin.com/in/ascentjobevington or Twitter @ITRecruiterJo
Candidates of all ages and backgrounds will be considered for this role. Ascent People is acting as an Employment Agency.