Linux Administrator / Infrastructure / UNIX Systems Engineer / Linux / Ubuntu/Debian / Redhat / Docker / Centos / Windows / Hybrid environments East Midlands 40-45K
Are you a Linux Administrator looking for a new challenging role? Are you working hands-on installation, administration & maintenance of servers, networks? Would you like to start a new exciting technical position, but also take the next step up on your career ladder? Excellent Software company, offering a friendly, yet fast-paced work environment.
JOB: The purpose of this Linux Systems Engineer is to administer and maintain information control systems supporting Customer systems, the Hosted services and the internal business systems as utilised within IT.
Technical environment for the Linux Administrator: Linux (RedHat / Fedore / Debian / Centos), Hosted infrastructures TCP/IP, LAN/WAN architecture, Security
Responsibilities for the Linux Administrator:
* hands-on installation, administration & maintenance of servers, networks & information systems
* System stability / uptime monitoring & control
* provision of senior support via incident management system
* Update and maintain information used in upward reporting and analysis.
* Adhere to documented and verbal IT processes and procedures.
* Ensure issues within the relevant systems or services are correctly communicated or escalated as required by ICT Management.
* Maintain knowledge and skills in current technology and learn new technologies as required.
This Linux Administrator role is based in the East Midlands area easily commutable from Chesterfield, Derby and Nottingham.
Client: A very strong and stable global organisation with an exciting future. Smashing all company targets and very much looking forward. An Enterprise Software Development house with a massive success story in the UK and embarking on an international journey.
Salary & Benefits: 40-45K, Pension, Free Parking, Health, Training, modern office facility and free parking.
Candidates of all ages and backgrounds will be considered for this role. Ascent People is acting as an Employment Agency in respect of this vacancy.