Linux Systems Administrator, 2nd, 3rd Line Support, Manchester
My client is the largest company of its kind in the UK and has been established for over 30 years. They have recently acquired several new companies and can boast exceptional recent success.
The role; Experienced Infrastructure Engineer / Systems Administrator with strong Linux and virtualization skills. Your responsibilities include the provision of 3rd line support to ensure high-availability of my client’s online environments (development, test & production).
As an experienced Systems Administrator you will have experience of all or most of the following;
* Strong Linux Operating Systems (e.g. RedHat/Centos/Ubuntu).
* Dell and HP server architecture.
* Minimum 3yrs experience of 2nd line support.
* Online infrastructures – Java application servers/Apache/IIS.
* Zabbix for monitoring.
* Load Balancing/Failover solutions e.g. Kemp hardware load balancers.
* Hyper-V, XenServer.
* LAN/WAN architecture and communication protocols including configuration of Cisco routers and Sophos firewalls.
* Experience of information/network security and business continuity technologies.
* Experience in supporting high-availability and highly-scalable systems.
* Knowledge of Perl; other scripting languages useful.
Desirable skills include;
* Knowledge of Tomcat. Glassfish and JBoss would be useful.
* Oracle 10g knowledge.
* Microsoft Server 2012/16, Windows 7/10.
* Netapp Administration to OnTap 8.1.2-7 mode and Oracle SnapManager (preferable).
* SQL Server 08/12/16.
* Experience of maintenance and administration of PABX and call centre technologies.
* VOIP technology.
* Education to degree along with technical qualifications (e.g. CCNA/MCSE,MSCA, MCP).
* ITIL Foundation.
You will be supporting over 250 users across 2 sites.
This Systems Administrator job comes with exceptional career progression as the company continues to grow and also great benefits! Free onsite parking.
Please send your CV for immediate consideration. Applicants from all ages and backgrounds will be considered. Ascent People Ltd is acting as an employment agency for this role.