Are you a passionate Software Development Manager Team Leader with exceptional man management skills? Do you have experience of managing Java Developers or have developed Java in the past? This is not a hands on Java development role so Java experience is NOT essential but strong man management skills and experience of working within a customer facing environment is key for this Software Development Manager role. You will be highly experienced in managing and motivating developers and ideally will have worked in an Agile/Scrum environment and keen to implement this in a new role. The key skills needed for this role are;
* 2-5 years experience of working within a Software Development Manager or Team Leading role
* A previous career as a software developer (ideally Java but .Net or other OO language considered)
* Exceptionally strong man management and motivational skills
* A strong client facing background
* The ability to help implement new strategies and new ideas
If you tick most of the boxes above then this could be the role for you! Our client is the largest company of its kind within the UK and is offering a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Software Development Manager to join and manage a talented development team.
Reporting to the Head of development you’ll be managing the development team & co-ordinating work for a multi-disciplinary team of Java developers, software tester(s), and analysts. You’ll have the opportunity to work with business project managers to turn their requirements into technical specifications.
Technologies you will be working with;
* Web Services
* Knowledge of automated testing tools and environments
* Experience of working in Agile environments
* Knowledge of Grails useful
* Experience of working with Oracle databases and database design would be useful.
* Line management & mentoring of team
* Code checking
* Turning business requirements into technical specifications
* Co-ordinating, assigning & scheduling work
* Meeting deadlines
* Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
* Able to understand complex business requirements
* Able to work on several projects at same time
* Able to organise own work and that of others
* Excellent organisational skills
* Self-motivated, proactive and with a can-do attitude
Based near Manchester and easily commutable from Cheshire, South Manchester, Knutsford, Warrington.
Please send your CV for immediate consideration
Applicants from all ages and backgrounds will be considered. Ascent People is acting as an employment agency for this role