Java, J2EE, Java Developer, Software Developer, Software Engineer, Web Services, Eclipse IDE, XML, UNIX, SOAP, Redmine, jUnit, Manchester
Are you a Java Developer? Are you experienced with J2EE?
A global software house is looking to recruit a new Java Developer. You will be employed to analyse, design, develop, test and document the software solutions. You will be developing J2EE web client applications and also java server applications. You will be reporting to the Scrum Master whilst being responsible for the review of the software changes made by the junior team members.
The skills and experience required for this role as the Java Developer are:
* Educated to a degree level or equivalent in IT or Computer Science related subject
* Effective communication with other team members
* Capable of resolving all compiler errors and warning within the application code being developed
* Oracle Certified Java SE Professional is desirable
* Experience of writing papers and proposals is desirable
* Web Services (SOAP)
* UNIX (Redhat, Solaris, Shell Scripts)
* Source Control Tools (Subversion, CVS, etc.)
* Issue Management Tools (e.g. Redmine)
* Unit Testing (jUnit, etc)
Our client is the world’s leading provider of IT Solutions in their industry and is based in Manchester. They are offering up to £35K plus benefits. They offer a unique and flexible benefits scheme that allows you to purchase further benefits on top of the basic UK package.
Are you a Java Developer looking for a new opportunity? Please send your CV over ASAP for consideration.
Candidates of all ages and backgrounds will be considered for this role. Ascent People LTD is acting as an employment agency in respect to this vacancy.