Are you a passionate Java Developer who is interested in getting into line management? Are you passionate about delivering quality software to meet business requirements? Do you think you would enjoy managing and motivating developers? Have you worked in an Agile/Scrum environment and are keen to implement this in a new role?
If you tick most of the boxes above then this could be the role for you! Our client is the largest company of its kind within the UK and is offering a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Java Developer who feels ready to take that first step into management.
Reporting to the Head of ICT you’ll be involved in the 121 management of the development team & co-ordinating work for a multi-disciplinary team of Java developers, software tester(s), and analysts. You’ll have the opportunity to work with business project managers to turn their requirements into technical specifications.
To be successful in this role you must have some of the following skills;
Technical skills required
* Web Services
* Knowledge of automated testing tools and environments
* Experience of working in Agile environments
* Knowledge of Grails useful
* Experience of working with Oracle databases and database design would be useful.
* Line management & mentoring of team
* Code checking
* Turning business requirements into technical specifications
* Co-ordinating, assigning & scheduling work
* Meeting deadlines
* Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
* Able to understand complex business requirements
* Able to work on several projects at same time
* Able to organise own work and that of others
* Excellent organisational skills
* Self-motivated, proactive and with a can-do attitude
So, if you are an experienced Java Developer and wish to work for a growing organisation that pride themselves on looking after their staff then please send your CV now. Applicants from all ages and backgrounds will be considered. Ascent People is acting as an employment agency for this role