HPC Systems Engineer, Linux Systems Engineer, Redhat, SuSe, HP-UX, UNIX, AIX – Infrastructure Support Engineer / Systems Engineer, HPC – High Performance Computing, Grid computing, Supercomputers – 55-65K + Bens
* Do you work in an environment where you support the HPC Servers?
* Do you have sound Linux knowledge?
* Fancy working for a prestigious global client?
Role: This is a High Performance Computing Linux Systems Engineer role which will find you working in a dynamic and challenging HPC environment. You will be involved in supporting and stabilising all systems that fall within CAE.
No time to read this advert then contact me for the full job spec and client info 0. 7. 7. 9. 1. 6. 1. 5. 7. 0. 3 – find me on LinkedIn or twitter @ITRecruiterJo
Your responsibilities will include:
* Linux/Unix Systems Administration
* HPC Administration
* Backup, archive and retrieval processes for all CAE / CFD systems
* Evaluate upcoming and emerging technologies for effective production of IT Systems
* Cluster & Workstation health reporting
* Assist with all major changes within the IT function
You must be able to bring to the table:
* Expertise in everything Linux / Unix
* Knowledge of HPC hardware including clusters, storage, archiving etc.
* Knowledge of Process virtualisation
Apart from a strong technical aptitude and keeping abreast of the latest HPC developments, personality and motivation is equally important. This is a unique environment with no rest bite, where attention to detail and meeting deadlines is critical. Being a team player is core to the success of this client and an understanding of the overall business objective.
Flexibility in hours and approach to your role is required and in return you will get the opportunity to work in an environment that most people can only dream of, work with the best and latest technology but also some of the best technical minds in the industry.
Salary & Benefits: 55-65K Base + Bens. Free parking and onsite canteen. From a career, prospective you really cannot do any better. Easily accessible from Banbury, Northampton and Milton Keynes.
Candidates of all ages and backgrounds will be considered for this role. Ascent People is acting as an Employment Agency.