DevOps Engineer, Application Release Engineer, Software Release Administrator, Deployment Engineer, Automation/DevOps, Configuration, WEB, IIS, SQL, Scripting, Powershell, MSBuild, Bamboo, Jenkins, Selenium – 45K
* Do you have experience of software deployment into high availability areas?
* Do you embrace automation / DevOps in your current environment for software release?
* Can you go into a company and be the sole DevOps Engineer?
Role: Working for this software house this DevOps Engineer will be responsible for: Creating builds; Deploying code; Configuration; Creating automated scripts; Change control and developing release and change process.
It is essential you have:
* Understanding of designing, optimising, maintaining or improving software build and deployment pipelines (e.g. MSBuild, Bamboo, Jenkins, Selenium, PowerShell, Redgate)
* Knowledge and experience of automating tasks with PowerShell (or other scripting languages)
* Understanding of modern web application technologies and current deployment, monitoring and optimisation best practices
* T-SQL knowledge
You will find yourself working out of a modern office facility with free parking (also accessible by public transport).
What we need from you is proven experience working on the release and deployment of web-based software. You should have an excellent understanding of the software development lifecycle and key methodologies used in the delivery of software. The role will require a great deal of technical know-how to help create builds and automate the deployment of code.
This role will find you working with many different areas of the business including key stakeholders and therefore excellent communication skills are required.
Salary & Package: Base salary up to 40-50K, 25 days holiday, free parking. The office is based in the Midlands, commutable from Nuneaton, Coventry and Leicester. Easy access from the M69/M6.
Candidates of all ages and backgrounds will be considered for this role. Ascent People is acting as an Employment Agency in respect of this vacancy.