1st Line, Service Desk, IT Support, Windows 10, O365, Active Directory, MS Office, ITIL, Windows Server/Networks – Global Tech Client – 25K + Training
ROLE: An exciting opportunity has arisen for a 1ST Line Support / Service Desk Analyst to join the IT team at a time of significant and exciting change. This is a successful UK MSP supporting clients for over 20 years. An excellent opportunity to develop your skills and cross train.
The purpose of this role is to provide first level support to external customers throughout the length and breadth of the UK, including taking calls and handling incidents or Service Requests using the incident management and request fulfilment processes, in line with Service Desk objectives.
Technical skills knowledge required: Windows 7/10, Mobile Phones set ups, Active Directory, VMWare / Server knowledge (not essential, will be trained)
* Be part of a fast-moving service desk
* Receiving, logging and managing calls from internal staff via telephone and email and Service Desk ticketing system
* Escalate unresolved calls to L2 and infrastructure support team
* Maintaining an Asset Database and tracking changes
* Take ownership of user problems and follow up the status, communicating progress in a timely manner
* Publishing support documentation to assist staff with requests for information
* Report to Service Desk Team Lead on any issue that could significantly impact the business
* Support will include out of hours rostered phone support
* 12 months + IT Service Desk
* You will be a self-motivated achiever who gains satisfaction from providing excellent customer service
* Excellent communication skills and telephone manner
* Excellent organisational & problem-solving ability
* A strong sense of urgency and the ability to multi-task effectively
* Contribute to the overall success of the Service Desk Team by working together to improve existing processes and technical understanding
SALARY: 25K pending experience, Pension, Healthcare, free parking. Commutable from Leicester, Loughborough and Nuneaton.
Candidates of all ages and backgrounds will be considered. Ascent People is acting as an Employment Agency in respect of this vacancy.