Software Release Engineer, Configuration Engineer, DevOps, Application Support Engineer, Release & Build Engineer, Automation, Configuration, IIS, SQL/SSRS, Scripting, Powershell, MSBuild, Bamboo, Jenkins, Selenium – 40K
* Do you have experience of software release into high availability areas?
* Do you embrace automation / DevOps in your current environment for software release?
* Do you have a background in Configuration or Application Support?
Role: This is a hybrid role. We are looking for someone who can support this client in their transition to a DevOps environment. During this period you will be responsible for Software Release, Configuration Management, Application & IT Support and with cloud projects on the roadmap it should be a challenging but rewarding journey. We are looking for an Engineer to be responsible for: Creating builds; Deploying code; Configuration; Creating automated scripts; Change control and developing release and change process and application support.
We would like you to bring to this role:
* IT Infrastructure / Application Support / Software Support either Desktop or Web applications
* Understanding of designing, optimising, maintaining or improving software build and deployment pipelines (e.g. MSBuild, Bamboo, Jenkins, Selenium, PowerShell, Redgate)
* Knowledge and experience of automating tasks with PowerShell (or other scripting languages)
* Understanding of modern software development technologies, practices & environments
* T-SQL knowledge
* Networking & Infrastructure knowledge
You will find yourself working out of a modern office facility with free parking (also accessible by public transport).
In a nutshell – What we need from you is proven experience working on the release and deployment of software applications. You should have an excellent understanding of the software development lifecycle and key methodologies used in the delivery of software. The role will require a great deal of technical know-how to help create builds and automate the deployment of code.
This role will find you working with many different areas of the business including key stakeholders and therefore excellent communication skills are required.
Salary & Package: Base salary up to 40K, 25 days holiday, free parking. The office is based in the Midlands, commutable from Nottingham, Derby and Leicester.
Candidates of all ages and backgrounds will be considered for this role. Ascent People is acting as an Employment Agency in respect of this vacancy.