Are you a passionate developer who is experienced in Java development, team leading and delivering quality software to meet business requirements? Do you enjoy managing and motivating developers? Do you have a strong background in Java development? Have you worked in an Agile/Scrum environment and are keen to implement this in a new role?
If you tick most of the boxes above then this could be the role for you! Our client is the largest company of its kind within the UK and is offering a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Development Team Leader to join and manage a talented development team.
Reporting to the Head of ICT you’ll be managing the development team & co-ordinating work for a multi-disciplinary team of Java developers, software tester(s), and analysts. You’ll have the opportunity to work with business project managers to turn their requirements into technical specifications.
To be successful in this Software Development Team Leader role you must have previous line management experience allied with a strong Java background.
Technical skills required
* Web Services
* Knowledge of automated testing tools and environments
* Experience of working in Agile environments
* Knowledge of Grails useful
* Experience of working with Oracle databases and database design would be useful.
* Line management & mentoring of team
* Code checking
* Turning business requirements into technical specifications
* Co-ordinating, assigning & scheduling work
* Meeting deadlines
* Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
* Able to understand complex business requirements
* Able to work on several projects at same time
* Able to organise own work and that of others
* Excellent organisational skills
* Self-motivated, proactive and with a can-do attitude
So, if you are an experience Software Development Team Leader and wish to work for a growing organisation that pride themselves on looking after their staff then please send your CV now. Applicants from all ages and backgrounds will be considered. Ascent People is acting as an employment agency for this role