Software Consultant – .Net Development – SCADA / Wonderware or MES – Wilmslow – 45k
The company – My client is a growing dynamic provider of Industrial IT Services. They have continuously been voted as one of the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies To Work For year after year with a client list that reads like a ‘who’s who?’ of major blue chip organisations. They have a strong culture of employee engagement and personal development, achieving Gold status in the Investors in People accreditation – Whats not to love?
The role – A software consultant with the following duties
* To provide technical engineering and consulting during all stages of System Platform and related customer projects, including writing specifications, software development, deployment, installation, commissioning and acceptance testing.
* To develop solutions in line with Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) principles, supporting the development of scalable applications, and allowing re-use of Intellectual Property (IP) from project to project.
* To become a technical authority in the application of SolutionsPT solutions, allowing the ability to support the supplied solutions.
* Actively support our customers with technical issues and identify new opportunities for future growth.
* To interact effectively with customers on a technical and commercial level.
* To deal with internal and external customers providing a high level of both pre & post sales senior level of support, whilst providing an escalation path from the service desk team.
Your background – A strong background in .Net Development working on either SCADA / MES or Wonderware products with experience in the followinh;
* Developing or supporting high end SCADA or MES solutions built on Wonderware products
* Experience of structured programming languages, preferably C# .NET
* An understanding Microsoft Server OS administration and networking
* An understanding of configuring and working in a virtualized environment, experience desirable
* A good understanding of Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Reporting Services, experience desirable
* A working knowledge of Microsoft integration and communication technologies eg web services, Microsoft Communication Foundation, Message bus. Experience developing enterprise websites desirable
* Ability to interact effectively with customers on a technical and commercial level, and awareness of the commercial aspects of project delivery, e.g. project schedules, changes to project scope etc.
* Understanding of structured design and development methodologies plus the ability to understand, disseminate and convert design documents into technology function blocks and test specifications.
* The ability to work in all aspects of the project lifecycle, from requirements to project commissioning.
* An understanding of Industrial Security threats, experience of mitigating desirable
The benefits – You will receive exceptional on the job training with fantastic career development. You will also receive an annual bonus with pension and health care and other great benefits.
If you are interested in this role then please send your CV today. The closing date for this vacancy is Friday 5th February. Ascent People is acting as an employment agency for this role. Applicants from all ages and backgrounds will be considered.