Senior Linux Engineer, Linux Administrator, Infrastructure Engineer, Linux, AWS – Gain immediate exposure to Cloud/DevOps/Docker
My client is looking to enhance their team with an experienced Linux Support Engineer
As the Senior Linux engineer you will report to the Head of IT and work closely with the entire IT team to support a large network of Linux servers spread across multiple data centres and AWS. You will be able to demonstrate strong and broad technical capabilities to assist in maintaining the company infrastructure working to industry standard best practices.
As a Senior Linux Engineer you will already hold the following experience;
At least 3 years experience as a Linux Support Engineer or DevOps Engineer or similar
Essential Technical Skills
● Network/Security – VPN, subnetting, routing etc.
● Linux Server Administration
● Scripting – Python, Bash
● Orchestration and Automation – Ansible, Jenkins
● Systems Monitoring – SNMP
● AWS – EC2, S3, VPC, RDS, IAM, CloudFormation
Desired Technical Skills
● Version Control – Github, BitBucket
● Container Technologies – Docker
● Configuration Management
● Database Administration – MySQL
Personal Skills / Attributes Required
● CCNA/CCNP or equivalent Networking certification
● LPIC or equivalent Linux certification highly desirable
● Proven experience of working in a dynamic IT environment
● Decisive in nature, will communicate and escalate to Head of IT as an when required but will also deal with day to issues as they arise
● Ability to prioritise tasks effectively and adapt to changing priorities
● Excellent communication skills, able to communicate at both a technical and a non-technical level
My client offers exciting benefits such as:
● Investment in employee growth, development and certification courses.
● Flexible working
● Regular office outings
● Cycle to work Scheme
● Office perks: Breakfast on us, fresh Fruit, Quality Coffee, filtered water, etc.
My client is a small to medium (SME) company with offices in Manchester and other parts of Europe. This is an exciting time to join as a Senior Linux Engineer as you will hold a lot of autonomy and grow as the company grows.
Please send your CV today for immediate consideration. Ascent People Ltd is acting as an employment agency for this role. Applicants from all ages and backgrounds will be considered.