Senior IT Support, 3rd Line, Infrastructure Engineer, MS Windows XP/7, Server 2008/2012, O365, AD, CISCO, SCCM, VMware, Networking, Switches/Routers/Firewalls – UK Technology Leader – 33-38K, East Midlands
**A role to kick all others into touch – Join the best of the best and push yourself to provide a first class 3rd line IT Support Service to rival all others – Easily the Best UK IT Support role available today**
UK Technology leader is looking for a Senior IT Support / 3rd Line Engineer to work in busy support and service desk environment.
Technical environment: MS Windows XP/7, Server 2008/2012, O365, AD, CISCO, SCCM, VMware, Networking, Switches/Routers/Firewalls
As a 3rd Line your key accountabilities will include but not limited to:
* Using ITSM processes, provide in depth technical support to business users, IT colleagues, team suppliers and partners/sponsors across the broad IT Services and Systems.
* Proactively manage and monitor the “run” elements of our core IT infrastructure. Identifying and addressing faults and issues before they impact service availability.
* Act as a mentor and senior escalation point for 1st and 2nd level support personnel.
* Transition new services into early life support, ensuring handover plans and all supporting documentation is relevant and regularly kept up to date.
* Proactively look to improve and add efficiency to current process and exercise judgment in the decision-making process in order to provide excellent customer experience.
* Working with all areas of the IT Team with regards to planning and implementation of Changes and major project work.
* Contribute to knowledge tools and communities, and ensure learnings are shared for reuse.
* Be part of a team providing out of hours support via an on call rota (1 in 4).
* Extensive Windows Client and Server OS setup, configuration, deployment and management
* Advanced Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy.
* On premise Exchange and/or Office365 Configuration.
* Microsoft Core Platform/Back Office Server Technology (Skype, Lync, SQL, SCOM, SCCM)
* VMWare ESXi
* Enterprise Storage Solutions – SAN, NAS, Replication
* Core Networking (LAN/DC/WIFI, Switching, Routing, Firewalls)
* Mobile device deployment, support and management.
* Scripting, PowerShell, Chef
* Experience working in a comparable role in an enterprise environment.
* Confident, self-motivated and passionate about the customer experience.
* Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, oral and presentation communication skills.
* A methodical and structured approach to problem solving, selecting and effectively utilising appropriate methods, procedures, tools, equipment and standards, to meet all targets set.
* Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
* Used to working and adhering to the ITIL Framework for Service Design, Transition and Opera
Client: A leading communications company working with some of the UK’s leading Blue Chip companies. Occupying a modern office & technical facility with free parking. Contact me for client information and job spec.
Salary & Benefits: 33-38K, Pension, Health, Free parking and accessible by public transport. Commutable from Leicester, South Nottingham and Derby.
If you believe you fit the role, then please click apply for immediate consideration. Your CV will come straight to my inbox and I shall contact you soon after. If you don’t have a CV ready just send me an email and we can talk through the role and you can get a CV together later. Find me on LinkedIn https://uk.linkedin.com/in/ascentjobevington or Twitter @ITRecruiterJo
Candidates of all ages and backgrounds will be considered for this role. Ascent People is acting as an Employment Agency.