Senior IT Engineer, 3rd Line IT Support Engineer, IT Support Lead, Senior Support Engineer, Application Support, Software Support, SQL, Windows, Cloud, AWS, Azure, Docker, Linux, ITIL, third line – Leicester – up to £45K
* Are you a senior/lead IT engineer who comes with technical application/software/system support as well as some team leadership experience?
* Enjoy 3rd line level technical challenges within Windows, SQL, Linux, Azure, Cloud, etc.?
* Up for a challenge working for a dynamic software house helping their customers succeed using their industry-leading products?
This is an ideal role for a true IT technical wizz who has a logical approach to problem-solving whilst implementing processes, procedures and embracing best practices. You’ll be reporting into the Development Manager whilst working closely with the development team to ensure end-users get the best out of this company’s industry-leading software.
This client is an IT UK success story with an exciting jam-packed 18 months ahead of planned projects and programme of work to continue to move their software forward. They are a fast-paced, high-tech business.
Joining a forward thinking and driven team, some of your responsibilities will include:
* Technical support that may include: Azure, Oracle, Docker on Linux, Microsoft clustering, SQL and system centre management, clustering in a SAN environment for high availability, patch management deployments, Windows software updates, etc.
* Focus on delivering excellent customer service and experience
* Support of bespoke applications, software and systems
* Team leadership whilst remaining hands-on with IT support duties
* Managing the team’s workload and projects based on the business priorities
* Coaching and mentoring team members as required
* Building strong partnership relationships with customers delivering a high quality of support to SLA’s
* Strive for continual improvement in products, people, and processes
Leading the team, you will be responsible for the most complex and technical of queries so you will enjoy the challenge of problem-solving and resolution whilst priding yourself on exceptional customer service.
You’ll get full product training as well as be able to grow within the company. You’ll have a fantastic manager working for a company that has a great staff retention rate. Established for over 2 decades, they are a leader in their field offering specialist software and applications that make a difference. They are a solid and stable company that have, and continue to have, growth and expansion that is set to continue.
You will find yourself working out of a modern office facility with free parking, though the team are currently working remotely. There is also an on-call bonus for 1 in 4.
Base salary up to £45K, 25 days holiday, flexi start/finish times, free parking plus further benefits. The office is based in the Midlands, commutable from Leicester, Nuneaton, Coventry, Derby, Loughborough, Birmingham and Burton on Trent as well as the wider Coventry/Leicester and East Midlands area. Must be able to drive, not accessible via public transport.
Candidates of all ages and backgrounds will be considered for this role. Ascent People is acting as an Employment Agency in respect of this vacancy.