Senior Infrastructure Engineer, Infrastructure Architect, Infrastructure Designer, Implementation, Configuration, Project management, MS Windows, Linux, Switches/Routers, VMware, Exchange – Northampton 55K
Global engineering firm leading the way in innovation and technical excellence is looking for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer / Architect. You will design and project manage the implementation and support of multiple Infrastructure projects.
You must have an all round technical background will skills in communication, network security, servers and storage. Technologies: Windows Server, AD, Linux, Exchange, HP/Brocade/Cisco, Netapp, Lync etc.
There will no hands on support, this will be handed over, but we need you to still get stuck in, take responsibility for these infrastructure projects by heading up meetings with key stakeholders and managing from initial design through to implementation. Project management skills are key.
Key skills needed for this Infrastructure Engineer / Architect role are as follows:
* Experience of working in a similar Infrastructure role
* Experience of working with platforms: MS Windows & Unix/Linux
* Experience of reviewing architecture such as Backup and recovery, Storage, Hosting, Networks and Security
* Experience of participating in the development of an infrastructure architecture strategy and roadmap
* Experience of responding to and resolving complex incidents
* Be prepared to travel 2 or 3 times a year
I will not deny that this is a challenging role, it is, but the job satisfaction and what you can achieve is fantastic. From a career prospective you really cannot do any better. This client can be found within easy reach of Northampton, Milton Keynes and Warwick.
This is high level role within the team and you will be rewarded handsomely for it. A competitive salary of up to 55K, bonus, Pension, Car benefits, Gym, Free parking etc.
Candidates from all ages and backgrounds will be considered. Ascent People is acting as an Employment Agency in respect of this role.