SCALA Programmer, Big Data Developer, Hadoop, Cloudera, Spark, SQL Server, Source Control, Batch Processing – Big Data Developer – Nottingham based software house – 3-month contract with potential for extension
As a SCALA Programmer, Big Data specialist, you must be able to bring to the table:
Development experience with Spark Streaming / Batch processing – preferably in Scala
* Development experience of Hive / Impala for data storage and presentation
* Develop scripts and scheduled tasks
* Administration of the Hadoop eco system – Cloudera CDH 5.2 and above
* Linux (Centos7)
* Ability to understand data design and modelling
* Experience using Apache Sqoop (From SQL Server)
* One or more recognized qualification in Big Data technologies
* Excellent communicator, able to work as a team, able to produce technical and none technical documentation
* Able to write unit tests for managed code
* Knowledge of Source control tools, TFS preferred
This is an immediate opportunity. Office is based in the East Midlands, easily commutable from Sheffield, Nottingham, Leicester, Derby and Chesterfield.
Contact me asap to obtain spec and client detail – jo. Bevington @ ascentpeople .co.uk or 0-7-7-9-1-6-1-5-7-0-3
This is a contract role and Ascent People is acting as an Employment Business in respect of this vacancy. Candidates from all ages and backgrounds will be considered for this post.