Product Owner – Hybrid role – 1 day a week in London office.
My client is a booming business that has experienced unbelievable growth within the last 2 years.
They are looking for an experienced Product Owner to fulfill a role that will be predominately home working so they are flexible with where you live in the UK as long as you are able to visit the London office once a week.
They are looking for someone that is passionate about online client experiences, curious about really understanding the client needs with a flair for technology to innovate. You will push strategy to exceed client expectations and will thrive on helping the company to be market leaders in their fields. You’ll influence the roadmap, supported by your Product Lead, other market experts including the in-house UX and UI team. You will be able to challenge yourself along with your team to use technology to your demanding customers’ advantage and will continually seek to standardise their technology approach across the Group.
As a Product Owner you will be expected to
* Define the goals for the development projects you are working on in line with priorities set by the Product Lead.
* Liaise with key stakeholders including clients, service leads and development teams to ensure goals and objectives are well understood.
* Work closely with clients including attending face-to-face meetings in order to fully understand their specific requirements.
* Understand and create customer journey and visuals with support from the UI Designer and act as the primary contact between the stakeholder and the various teams.
* Agree on an MVP vs subsequent backlog items.
* Define solutions by working with the business and technical architects.
* Map out project dependencies to inform the necessary sequence of development.
* Juggle scope, budget, and time, weighing priorities according to the needs and objectives of stakeholders.
* Manage the product and sprint backlogs, prioritising based on the overall strategy and business objectives set by the Product Lead.
* Oversee the development and the sprint cycles, evaluating progress at every stage.
* Conduct Retrospectives, Reviews, and Sprint Planning, supported by our in-house SCRUM master.
* Be the Subject Matter Expert for your product within the business.
* Ensure the product is fit for purpose and has the ability to run 24/7, at scale.
* Accountable for reporting on product KPI’s.
* Ability to write clear briefs, functional documentation and communicate with development teams.
* Key stakeholder in working party and UAT sessions approving feature changes and assuring quality standards through all stages of the product development.
As an experienced Product Owner you will have the following experience;
* Knowledge of Agile methodologies
* Knowledge of UX/UI principles
* Be client focused
* Be able to prioritise and take ownership
* Requirements Definition / User Stories
* Stakeholder Management
* Positive attitude – team player
* Any understanding of the hospitality market and its ever-changing client expectations, legislative needs, and product trends would be a huge advantage.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a growing market for a Group that has recently seen massive investment to grow and dominate in the Food & Hospitality space.
There is a great salary on offer with a fantastic benefits package including loads of industry perks, your birthday off, a 25-day holiday entitlement, the opportunity to purchase up to 10 days annual leave, pension contributions, gym membership discount, healthcare, childcare vouchers, and lots more.
If you are interested in this brand new Product Owner opportunity then please send your CV for immediate consideration. Applicants from all ages and backgrounds will be considered. Ascent People Ltd is acting as an employment agency for this role.