Network Support Engineer – St Helens
My client is a global organisation who are looking to expand their IT department.
With a very low turnover of staff, you can gurantee exceptional training and career progression with this role.
They are looking for a Network Engineer who can help provide the staff with 1st, 2nd and 3rd line Server/desktop/network support and help support and implement any new hardware including IT systems, networking, and software.
As a Network Support Engineer you will already have experience of most of the following;
* Understanding of Windows Server Operating Systems 2008 onwards including Active Directory, WSUS, SMTP, File Services, and NPS.
* Knowledge of Cisco and Networking
* An understanding of networking to include TCP/IP, IPv4, IPv6, Sub netting, VLAN 802.1Q, Wireless 802.11 B/G/N/AC
* Documentation and technical drawing skills for network design
* Knowledge of TCP/IP protocol and ISO/OSI model
* Have good knowledge of MS Office applications
* Have a knowledge of cloud based solutions
* Understanding of storage systems and protocols (NFS/CIFS/iSCSI/FC)
* Virtualisation concepts using Citrix and VMware inc. ESXi 5+ XenApp/Desktop 7.5+
* Understanding of Google Apps for Work and Google Hosted Services
You will also be
* familiar with Network Security concepts for hosted and on-premise solutions
* experienced with Microsoft operating systems for server and workstation environment
* Good general overview of current security penetration testing and cyber security concepts.
* Good with awareness of information and data security
* flexible with regards to working hours and are able to quickly adapt to changing priorities
* Be enthusiastic and have initiative and ability to work independently
* Be proactive and keen to learn with a hands-on mentality
* You may be a final year university student or have qualifications in Computer Sciences or IT / Telecommunications.
you must be flexible to your working environment with a willingness to travel.
If you are a recent Networking graduate OR have 1-2 years commercial IT support or Networking experience then please apply today. Applicants of ALL ages and backgrounds will be considered. Ascent People is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy.