MIS Developer, Report Writer (Crystal Reports, Jasper, SQL, T-SQL)
Are you an experienced MIS Developer / Report Writer? Do you have strong SQL knowledge and experience of Jasper or Crystal Reports?
The role – MIS Developer / Report Writer – To develop reports and present data as required, to support the continuing needs of my clients group of companies.
As an MIS Developer / Report Writer your job responsibilities will include the following duties;
* Develop, test and maintain reports to present business data appropriately.
* Interpret business requirements.
* Investigate, analyse and document reported defects.
* Perform maintenance on reports and correct identified defects.
* Maintain technical documentation relating to reports
* Ensure that the Source Control Management system is used effectively to store report definition
* Monitor the performance of reports.
* Create scheduled tasks to distribute reports on a regular basis, using the tools supplied.
* Monitor and investigate Scheduler errors, resolving as appropriate.
* Extract data from in-house databases and present the data when required on an ad-hoc basis.
* Assist in other data related activities, such as data migration and data cleansing.
You will already be an experienced MIS Developer / Report Writer and will have all or most of the following skills and experience;
* Advance T-SQL experience within Microsoft SQL Server.
* Use of SQL Report Writing tools (e.g. Jasper or Crystal Reports).
* Advanced user of Microsoft Excel (including Pivot Tables and Macros)
* Analytical and problem solving skills.
* Educated to degree level (high grade) or above.
* Experience using tools such as Asana, Redmine, Git and Google Apps.
* Use of Business Intelligence tools.
2- 3 years experience within a similar role would be ideal and someone who is keen to progress their career and is a good team player would be perfect!
If you are interested in this MIS Developer / Report Writer role please send your CV immediately.
Loctaed in the St Helens area close to Liverpool, Warrington, Manchester, Wigan, Merseyside, Cheshire, Lancashire
Ascent People Ltd is acting as an employment agency for this role. Applicants from all ages and backgrounds will be considered.