Marketing Assistant, 12 months fixed term contract, maternity leave.
Expertise in marketing, graphic design, web development, IT/Software
My client has been delivering high-quality software solutions for over 20 years.
Due to maternity cover, they are looking to hire a temporary Marketing Assistant for a minimum of 12 months to join their experienced Marketing Team. You will be joining the company at a very exciting time for them and if successful, you will perform a critical role, supporting the Marketing Director, liaising with an external marketing agency, having overall responsibility for all marketing tasks day to day.
My client has listed the below skills and experienced as most important to have
1. Graphic design
2. Writing great copy
3. Website management (basic html, css knowledge)
4. SEO, PPC, Advertising, Analytics
5. Mailchimp/ EDM
6. Social Media
The successful person will spend their day coordinating creative and production. You’ll be working with other departments to support sales, managing and producing print, online content etc. You’d be doing some cost comparison, buying and sourcing, proofing management and obtaining final sign off. Other day to day tasks include analysis, reports, collating and preparing data and monitoring and maintaining social media channels. You will also be responsible for running company events. Other than that, your tasks will include to create EDM campaigns and look after the company’s website.
You will ideally already have at least 1-2 years’ experience in a marketing function and will be looking to take responsibility as a generalist marketing position where you will have a degree of autonomy at a crucial time for the company just ahead of a major product launch.
As an experienced Marketing Assistant you will enjoy and have experience in the following day to day duties;
* Researches market trends, demographics, pricing strategies, and develop marketing plans
* Analyses surveys, polls, and other market research to look for patterns and trends (Google Analytics, AdWords, Facebook and LinkedIn Insights, Mailchimp reports)
* Uses Excel and PowerPoint and Data Studio extensively to create complex data sets and visual reports
* Delivers reports through written documents and verbal presentations
* Coordinates and helps in the creation of promotional materials, including brochures, blogs, marketing copy
* Carries out fact-checking, copy proofing and editing, and formatting support during the creation of mailers, website content, and other promotional materials
* Monitors and maintains social media accounts, helping with content production (Facebook, LinkedIn, Buffer)
* Maintains brand standards and promotes products within guidelines
* Organises and plans the production of all major marketing materials by working closely with printers, agencies, project sponsors, and other involved parties
* Plans and project manages promotional events hosted by the company
Creates email campaigns in Mailchimp in every month with different audiences
* Manages the companies WordPress website, creates content, new pages, continuously checking on SEO
* Creates visual designs, videos and icons with Adobe programs (Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effect etc.)
Other desired/Required Skills
* Must have either a Marketing Degree plus a min. 1-years’ experience in a commercial environment,
* Ideally have experience working for a cloud-based software company
Benefits you will receive at this company include;
* Competitive salary
* Performance bonus
* Company Pension Scheme
* 25 days’ annual leave, rising to 28 over 4 years
* Ongoing training
* Private Healthcare scheme
* Flexible working hours
* Informal dress code
* Buy and sell holidays
* Subsidised Gym Membership
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Marketing Assistant who is looking to enhance their career!
Please apply today.
Ascent People is acting as an employment agency for this role and applications from all ages and backgrounds will be considered.