Are you a Linux Systems Engineer with around 1-3 years experience and ready for that next step ion your career?
Would you like to work for a company who has an outstanding reputation if looking after its staff?
Would you like to work with cutting edge open-source technology and have access to an amazing range of technologies and various hardware (Dell, HP and Cisco)?
If so, this could be the job for you!
The role; Linux Systems Administrator – Junior/Mid-level (1-3 tears experience)
As a Linux System Administrator, you will have the opportunity to work with some of my clients most exciting businesses on a day to day basis. The role will be focussed on supporting the companies largest clients through troubleshooting, monitoring and enhancing their solutions. Working within the existing Linux support team, you will need to be a Linux System Administrator with strong attention to detail, high standards and a can-do attitude. Being passionate about Linux is essential for this role.
* Assisting with and maintaining customer solutions
* Providing 1st class customer service via calls, emails and ticketing system
* Helping with server setup, configuration and support
* Advising with client issues
* Developing new products
* Experience building, installing and supporting Linux server(s). Ideally Red Hat/Debian based distributions
* Excellent customer service skills with working experience
* Experience of Linux systems in a networking environment
Things that you will get trained on if you don’t already have experience of
* Experience of Linux systems administration in a hosting environment
* Experience installing, configuring and supporting Apache/NGiNX, MySQL/PostgreSQL, FTP and Mail Servers
* Exposure to diagnosing various server issues using standard open source tools
* Exposure to command line scripting
* Experience using Linux control panels, such as cPanel or Plesk
* Exposure to programming languages such as PHP, Perl, Python, HTML and SQL
* Qualification/certification to RHCT/RHCSA/LPIC-1 is desirable
On top of the fantastic career progression and approved training that you will receive as a Linux Systems Engineer you will also receive the following benefits;
* Birthdays off as an extra paid holiday
* Private health insurance after one years’ service
* Full paid maternity leave for the first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks after two years’ service.
* Award-winning training
* On-site gym
* Games zone with arcade games and retro consoles.
* Free onsite parking
* Table tennis and pool tables
* Team building experiences
* Regular quiz nights and LAN parties
* Family days out and cinema nights
* Volunteer days to help support our community and charity partners
If you want to progress your Linux career with a company who will offer all of the above then please send your CV today.
Applicants from all ages and backgrounds will be considered and Ascent People is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy