Linux, Unix, Windows, Exchange, MS Server, LAN/WAN, Linux Support Engineer, Linux Support, 2nd Line Support, 3rd Line Support, IT Support Analyst, IT Support Engineer, Infrastructure Analyst, Support, Manchester
The UK’s largest company within their industry are looking to recruit a new Linux Support Engineer. You will be working as a 2nd/3rd line support analyst and also supporting 1st line. You must have strong experience of Linux support and also knowledge of Windows. You will be liaising with external suppliers, the ICT team and business managers whilst reporting to the senior infrastructure analyst.
The skills required for the role of the Linux Support Engineer are:
* Strong experience of Linux Operating Systems (e.g. RedHat/Centos/Ubuntu)
* MS Server 2003/2012, Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8 operating system
* Exchange 2003/2013 Email server
* Server architecture
* Minimum 3yrs experience of 2nd line support
* Load Balancing/Failover solutions
* LAN/WAN architecture and communication protocols including configuration of Cisco routers and Sophos firewalls
* VMware, XenServer is desirable
* Online infrastructures Support is desirable
Our client is a forward thinking company who are continually expanding. Their offices are based in south Manchester and are commutable from Lancashire and Cheshire. The salary on offer is up to £26K. If you are looking for a new opportunity as a Linux Support Engineer please send your CV over ASAP for consideration.
Candidates of all ages and backgrounds will be considered for this role. Ascent People LTD is acting as an employment agency in respect to this vacancy.