Linux Server Engineer – IT Support, Linux support
IT Support Engineer, Linux Support, Server Engineer.
I am recruiting on behalf of a digital technology company who are currently going through a huge scale up in operations. They are a growing team of 80 people spread across multiple global locations including England (Manchester), Norway and Lithuania. They have recently doubled the size of their client portfolio and are going through significant growth in the US.
They have recently taken on some new key members of staff and are currently on the lookout for an IT Support / Server Engineer with a strong Linux installation background.
The role: IT Support Engineer, Linux Engineer, Server Engineer
The ideal candidate: will take a lead role in managing the provisioning and
installation of customer servers running my clients bespoke digital software applications. The
candidate must demonstrate good leadership and organisational skills and have a high level of
technical understanding of Linux Operating Systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
● Provision and install company software on both local and remote systems ensuring
applications are installed and configured correctly.
● Take ownership of the server installation process and work with the rest of the team to
optimise the efficiency and accuracy of system deployment.
● Work with the Installations team to ensure that system installations are delivered in a
timely and efficient manner
● Perform general troubleshooting of server installations that are having issues and
develop mechanisms to ensure these issues do not reoccur
● Use deployment tools such as Ansible to automate and standardise system installations
Essential Technical Skills
● Linux Server Administration
● Network/Security – VPN, subnetting, routing (especially Cisco and Sonicwall)
● Automated deployment tools – Ansible
Desired Technical Skills
● Scripting – Python, Bash
● Knowledge of Agile working practices and experience using Jira.
● Experience of Cinema industry software and hardware
This is an excellent opportunity for an IT Support / Server Support / Linux Engineer to join a company where they will grow as the company grows.
You will received exceptional perks and benefits for this role including flexible working hours, occasional home working and not least brilliant training and career progression.
You grow as the company grows!
Please send your CV today to be considered for this IT Support role
Ascent People are acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. Applicants from all ages and backgrounds will be considered.