Systems Administrator, Linux Administrator, DevOps, AWS, Cloud, Manchester – 40/45K (flexi working)
* Do you have a strong background in Linux?
* As a Systems Administrator do you have experience of AWS?
* Are you interested in working in a DevOps environment?
This software solutions client with a global presence is based out of Manchester City Centre and is expanding. A key vacancy they are looking to fill is a Linux Administrator (DevOps).
Contact me on 0-1-6-1-9-1-3-2-6-2-1 to obtain client info and spec.
This role requires you to come with a solid background in Linux Systems administration as well as a good grounding in AWS and any knowledge based around DevOps technologies such as Ansible, Jenkins and Docker will put you in good stead. Your responsibilities will include looking after a large estate of Linux servers spread across multiple data centres and AWS. They will also look to you to mentor the more junior members of the team.
As an experienced Linux Administrator (3 years+ or equivalent) you will have experience of all or most of the following;
* Linux Server Administration including container technologies – Docker
* AWS – EC2, S3, VPC, RDS, IAM, CloudFormation
* Scripting – Python, Bash
* Orchestration and Automation – Ansible, Jenkins
* Version Control – Github, BitBucket
any of the following is desirable:
* MySQL, Configuration Management, Network/Security, VMWare and SNMP
Any Linux certifications such as LFCE, LPIC or RHCE would be excellent. However, this company are very good at developing their staff and can provide both on/offsite training.
Salary & Benefits: up to 40-45K, Flexi time, company outings, Free refreshments, Modern office facility. Accessible by public transport.
Please send your CV for immediate consideration. Applicants from all ages and backgrounds will be considered. Ascent People Ltd is acting as an employment agency for this role.