Graduate IT Support Engineer – some Linux knowledge desirable
My client is a growing organisation with offices across Europe. They are currently expanding their team and are on the lookout for a Graduate/ Junior IT Support Engineer to join their Manchester based team.
Any knowledge of Linux would be highly advantageous for this role
You may be a recent graduate or already have some commercial IT support/Linux experience and you will be passionate about computers and may even call yourself a geek!
As a Graduate / Junior Support Engineer, you will report to the Head of IT and work closely with the entire
IT team to support a large estate of cinemas located worldwide. The candidate must
demonstrate basic PC and Network skills to assist the IT team in ensuring connections to
customer sites and their equipment are operational.
This Junior IT Support role will require you to have some basic knowledge of the following technologies;
● Basic IT Skills – PC Hardware installation and Operating System configuration
● Basic Network skills – Broadband Modems and IP addressing
● Networking – VPNs, Firewalls.
● Linux Operating System knowledge
● Multilingual – Knowledge of other languages would be beneficial, especially Spanish.
Personal Skills / Attributes Required
● Good work ethic and a can-do attitude
● Excellent organisational skills
● Ability to prioritise tasks effectively and adapt to changing priorities
● Excellent communication skills, able to communicate at both a technical and a
As a Junior IT Support Engineer you will receive the following benefits;
● Investment in employee growth, development and certification courses.
● Monthly office outings
● Cycle to work Scheme
● Office perks: Fresh Fruit, Quality Coffee, filtered water, etc.
If you want to kick start your IT support career then please send your CV today!
Ascent People Ltd is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. Applicants from all ages and backgrounds will be considered.