Junior IT Support Engineer – Some Linux knowledge needed.
My client is a growing organisation with offices across Europe. They are currently expanding their team and are on the lookout for a Junior IT Support Engineer to join their Manchester based team.
You may be a recent graduate or already have some commercial IT support experience and will also have some Linux knowledge.
This role will offer you immediate experience in the following responsibilities;
·Pro-actively monitor network and system performance, respond to, and manage,
network-reported and customer-reported incidents, providing ‘out of hours’ support as required
● Work closely with the Development and Support teams to support company infrastructure
● Take ownership to ensure resolutions are delivered in a timely and efficient manner
● Perform general “system administration” tasks on all elements of the network including
business applications, databases and web servers
● Through proactive and systematic review, discover opportunities for improvement in areas
which could impact system performance or customer satisfaction
As a Junior IT Support Engineer you will gain immediate exposure and may already have some knowledge of;
● Linux Server Administration
● Network/Security – VPN, subnetting, routing etc
● Scripting – Python, Bash
● Database Administration – MySQL
● Configuration Management
● Orchestration and Automation – Ansible, Jenkins
● Version Control – Github, BitBucket
This is an exceptional opportunity for someone who is keen to get their IT support career started and is passionate about computers.
If you are interested in this Junior IT Support role please send your CV for immediate consideration.
Ascent People is acting as an employment agency for this role. Applicants from all ages and backgrounds will be considered.