Java, J2EE, Java Developer, Software Developer, Software Engineer, Web Services, Eclipse IDE, XML, UNIX, SOAP, Redmine, jUnit, Manchester
One of the world’s leading providers of IT solutions in their industry is looking for a Java Developer to join their team. You will be responsible for the development and maintenance of the products ensuring they fit in with the team objectives. Reporting to the scrum master you will ensure the successful compleation of the development of J2EE web client application and also Java server application.
The essential skills required for the role of the Java Developer are:
* Degree level education or equivalent in IT or Computer Science related subject
* Is capable of resolving all compiler errors and warnings within the application code being developed
* Methodologies/Tools/Platforms: Java, Web Services (SOAP), XML, UNIX (Redhat, Solaris, Shell Scripts), Windows, Source Control Tools (Subversion, CVS, etc.), Issue Management Tools (e.g. Redmine), Unit Testing (jUnit, etc)
* Oracle Certified Java SE Professional is desirable
* Ability to effectively communicate with other team members
* Is well organised and manages time well
The client offers a unique and flexible benefits scheme that allows you to purchase further benefits on top of the basic UK package. They are based in South Manchester and are commutable from Manchester and Cheshire. If you are Java Developer looking for a new opportunity please send your CV across ASAP for consideration.
Candidates of all ages and backgrounds will be considered for this role. Ascent People LTD is acting as an employment agency in respect to this vacancy.