IT Service Desk Analyst – 1st, 2nd Line support – 2 roles available.
My client, a Manchester city centre-based company is looking to expand their IT support team and is actively recruiting for 2 IT Service Desk Analysts with 1st and 2nd line support experience.
As an IT Service Desk Analyst, you will perform an escalation by taking calls from customers to resolve their queries, while knowing when to seek guidance from your colleagues or escalating to a third party when appropriate. You will also work in an established team and support infrastructure engineers in their daily work, under their direction.
Experience needed for the IT Service Desk Analyst is as follows;
* At least 2 years experience in a similar 1st, 2nd line support/service desk analyst role
* An excellent understanding of Microsoft Windows operating systems and core technologies
* Experience of Active Directory configuration and administration including GPOs, DNS, DHCP
* Supporting Office 365 and Exchange Online environments
* Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose technical IT support queries
* Hardware troubleshooting skills across a wide range of business equipment
* Experience working in a busy service desk environment, ideally having acted in a second-line escalation role previously.
* Familiarity with endpoint protection, web filtering and patch management tools
* Good understanding of virtualised infrastructure principals
* Excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, courteous attitude
* The ability to communicate with people at all levels and in all disciplines within our business
* Excellent organisational skills and time management
* A customer focus, contributing to our team ethos of providing excellent customer service
* A positive attitude and sense of team spirit
* A passion for IT, general technology and computing that keeps you up to date with technological advances and drives you to keep updating your skills
The company is offering a mix of both home and office working and has a great reputation in progressing careers.
Located in Manchester city centre they are easy to get to by most forms of public transport and vehicles.
Ascent People is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy and applicants from all ages and backgrounds will be considered.