IT Project Manager
My client is a privately owned company with offices across the globe. They have been established for many years and have a 1st class reputation in their industry.
They are currently expanding in their IT department and are looking for an experienced IT Project Manager
The IT Project Manager will be part of a team that are responsible to ensure that IT projects are completed on time, that the project’s objectives are met, and that everyone involved is performing to the required standard.
Your responsibilities as an IT Project Manager will include;
* Working with the PM team developing best practices for project based work, ensuring standards are followed across all projects.
* Working with the PM team to Develop and maintain a project management framework to effectively manage and prioritise all IT projects throughout the entire project life cycle.
* Acting as project manager on multiple simultaneous projects and programmes (development, infrastructure based and implementation projects..
* Work with all areas of the department, including the Developers, Testers, Business Analysts and support teams, whilst remaining objective regarding their responsibilities.
* Collaborate with all project stakeholders to ensure successful delivery of projects.
* Ensuring project objectives are agreed with Business and IT stakeholders.
* Carrying out risk assessments.
* Working with IT line managers to identify and allocate appropriate resources to ensure projects are successful.
* Developing project/stage plans as required for each project and ensuring that they are shared with all members of the project team.
* Providing regular updates on project progress to all stakeholders.
* Perform post project reviews and report to IT management.
* Providing high level overviews (dashboards) for senior management.
* Assist Business Support with general support and implementation tasks where necessary.
* To undertake other duties of an appropriate nature in consultation with the Line Manager.
Ideally with around 2 years experience in a similar IT project Manager role you will have experience of the following;
* Experience of both software development and infrastructure projects
* A Prince 2 or similar qualification
* Degree level education (preferably in a relevant field)
* Software Implementation
* Organisational ability
* Well developed interpersonal skills
* Numeracy skills
* Excellent communication skills
* Team-working skills
* Experience of managing projects
* Management and leadership skills
* Analytical ability