Infrastructure Development, DevOps, Application Software Release & Build Engineer, Infrastructure Engineer, Development Build Engineer, Automation, Build & Release, SQL Server, SCCM, Scripting, PowerShell, Korn, Ruby, VBScript, TFS, Testing, Jenkins, Wildfly, Git – 40-45k
* Have you been responsible for software release either in a manual or automation capacity?
* Do you have experience of working in a DevOps environment or do you want to develop those skills?
* Do you have a solid Infrastructure Support background?
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Infrastructure Automation / Software Release Engineer to join this IT & software development team at a company who are a solid & stable organisation working with many leading UK bluechip clients. This role will have you designing, optimising, maintaining and improving software build and deployment pipelines as well as supporting the infrastructure BAU team. This role will grown into you being in charge of developing and maintaining operational standards for the release and deployment of software. If you dont already have a DevOps background but have the ability to learn on the job with the support of the Development Manager then we want to hear from you – a fantastic cross training opportunity.
There is an exciting opportunity to make this role your own in an outstanding establishment.
Your IT tool kit should contain:
* A solid IT infrastructure background with prior (and current) experience in the core infrastructure technologies, including: VMWare, Active Directory, Windows, Linux
* In-depth knowledge and experience of software release – manual or automating tasks with Powershell or similar
* Software build and deployment (e.g. MSBuild, Bamboo, Jenkins, Selenium, SonarQube, PowerShell)
* T-SQL experience
* A development attitude towards infrastructure
For more information on the role, company and to obtain the job specification please contact me on 0-7-7-9-1-6-1-5-7-0-3
A competitive salary is on offer with this role of up to £45,000 +/-, which will be tailored to the level and experience of the candidate. Something that you can’t put a price on is the career progression opportunities available at this company, with the company looking to promote internally for their lead roles. There is an enticing package, modern offices, free parking and dynamic work environment.
This role is based within the Midlands area which is easily commutable from areas such as Leicester, Coventry, Nuneaton and Nottingham. Flexi start/finish times.
Candidates from all backgrounds and ages will be considered for this role. Ascent People Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this role.