Infrastructure Engineer, IT Security Engineer, Architect
My client is a growing company with offices spread across multiple global locations including offices in Manchester. Having recently doubled the size of their client portfolio, including significant growth in the US,they now need several new key members of staff to facilitate this growth.
The role – IT Infrastructure / Security Engineer
Reporting to the Head of IT, the IT Security Engineer will work with the IT team to ensure the company network is secure and compliant with company policies. You must demonstrate strong and broad technical capabilities to establish security risks to the business, oversee the monitoring and security of the company infrastructure and use your expertise to make recommendations to ensure systems are configured to industry standard best practices.
● Implementing changes / fixes to address security vulnerabilities identified (e.g. during security scans, penetration tests etc.)
● Assessing and recommending server hardening activities.
● Monitoring external information sources to make recommendations on latest security threats and vulnerabilities.
● Management of company authentication platforms and mechanisms
Essential Technical Skills
● Knowledge of network protocols, architecture and information security standards and procedures
● SonicWall (or equivalent) networking products
● Linux configuration and security management
● LDAP Directory Service management.
To be considered for this IT Security Engineer role my client needs someone who is able to improve current security processes and establish/mitigate risk. The right candidate will be relied upon to influence senior stakeholders to buy into any security projects and adapt accordingly and will therefore posses strong relationship/influencing skills as well as the relevant broad technical capabilities.
If you are interested in applying for this IT Security Engineer role and want to work for a company who provide excellent benefits and career progression then please send your CV without delay
Ascent People Ltd is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy and applicants from all ages and backgrounds will be considered.