Information Security Analyst – Liverpool – office and home working
My client is a global organisation who are currently experiencing huge growth
They are on the lookout for an Information Security Analyst to join their Liverpool based team
The role: – Information Security Analyst
Reporting directly to the Head of Infrastructure, as Information Security Analyst you will use your
knowledge of Information Security frameworks to transform risks into tangible technical controls,
helping to support the general Security posture of the group globally. You will assist with Third Party
Due Diligence and auditing, ensuring the safe and effective transfer of critical data.You will also
pioneer End User awareness and training initiatives.
Experience needed for the Information Security Analyst role;
● Experience in helping to drive an ever-improving security regime, working proactively with
other areas of the business for policy, assurance, and risk management.
● Ability to understand a business’s unique requirements and adapt your approach to working
with the wider team, including IT engineering, IT operations staff, and senior stakeholders.
● A strong understanding of the business impact of information security measures.
● Evidence of maintaining policy, procedures, standards, and guidelines.
● The ability to discuss and explain information security concepts in business language and
● Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
● Working knowledge of applicable national, international, and regulatory information security
standards and frameworks such as Cyber Essentials Plus, ISO27001, or NIST.
● Good understanding and practical experience in performing risk, business impact, control and
vulnerability assessments, and in defining mitigation strategies.
● An understanding of IT and network systems and their vulnerabilities and the ability to work
with technical specialists to develop solutions and hardening techniques.
Experience of using SolarWinds N-able, Darktrace, or Kali Linux is essential for this role and experience of Nessus, OpenVAS, or AppCheck would be a huge advantage as would; Cloud security knowledge (Google Workspace, AWS, Office365, Azure or Google Cloud)
You will have a minimum of around 3 years experience within a similar Information Security Analyst role and ideally a relevant degree.
You will receive exceptional training and a great remuneration package for this role. The role will be a mix of office and home working.
If you are interested in this role please send your CV for immediate consideration.
Ascent People is acting as an employment agency for this role and applicants from all ages and backgrounds will be considered.