DevOps, Development Build, Support Analyst, Programming, Automation, Build & Release, SQL Server, SCCM, Scripting, PoweShell, Korn, Ruby, VBScript, TFS, Testing, C#/.Net – Nottingham – 40-50K
* Want to work for an innovative software company embracing cutting edge development techniques and moving forward by utilising new roles such as DevOps?
* Can you script or code using PowerShell, Bash or Korn shell?
* Do you have an appreciation of automating and releasing software within a cloud environment?
Commercial software house developing cloud based solutions is looking for a Development Operations / Build Engineer who has proven experience in either developing monitoring automated build & release and continuous integration systems in a software development environment.
You must have some, not all, of the following technical skills: Team Foundation Server, MS Windows, Unix, SCCM, nUnit, PowerShell, KornShell, VBScript, SQL Server, Installshield, CopperEgg etc. Any knowledge of C# and ASP.Net would be an advantage but not a necessity
Key responsibilities (not all):
* Delivery of builds to the Dev, QA and IT Operations teams; creation of releasable and deployable system updates; and the timely response to and resolution of any issues impacting the delivery of the builds and releases.
* Supports the Development team(s) and IT Operations team(s) by maintaining and developing internal tools and systems.
* Performs product design, development, bug verification, testing and support of the internal build and release infrastructure supporting continuous integration, unit testing, daily build to multiple servers and production builds.
* Creates and maintains automated, scalable build scripts/tools, and monitors, maintains and supports the automated build & deployment systems.
It is important to stress that if you have not actually done this exact role before but have some of the skills required then my client is prepared to offer an excellent training package to the candidate who can grow into this job so previous roles could be: Release Engineer, Support Analyst, Test Analyst, Maintenance Programmer or a Software Developer.
Salary on offer: 40-50K + benefits. Good Training package. Modern office facilities with Free Parking and flexible working conditions.