Customer Support Manager (IT/Software) – Manchester Airport 45k
THE ROLE – Working on Business to Business (B2B) Service with other Service Managers to implement and manage Customer Service in line with the Global Support Strategy across the company.
THE COMPANY – A worldwide software provider supplying over 7500 companies across 150 countries.
The Customer Support Manager role is a hands-on position, which requires a balance of both managerial and technical skills, as the right candidate will be responsible for managing people as well as assisting with customer issues.
* Provide support centre resources 24/7/365 or as contracted today with a view to consolidation of the company’s Support into a ‘One Service’ strategy.
* Provision and maintenance of customer service agreements ensuring that agreed service levels are understood, managed and discrepancies negotiated into service contracts.
* Maintain a customer service engagement strategy, ensuring that service reviews are undertaken with key customers and/or as agreed with Support leadership.
* Act as the manager responsible in the event of customer complaints and manage to resolution, including the utilization of other managers and executives as appropriate.
* Managing staff training and development and by mentoring the team, prepare career plans and evaluate the members of the team to enable succession planning
* Work closely with Development teams to ensure ongoing priority is applied to faults and change requests as required by the customers.
* Ensure that any software delivered to customers is supportable and all relevant support and disaster recovery plans are in place, including staff and 3rd parties.
* Triages technical issues, performing defined diagnostic functions, including test environments for highly complex issues.
* Effectively interact with customers of all ability levels to understand the customer’s request and rapidly assess severity level.
* Provides timely updates to the customer, co-workers, and management on the status of outstanding issues.
* Conveys customer feedback to appropriate business areas such as Marketing, Product Management and Development.
* Demonstrated successful customer service experience with the ability to manage moderate to complex customer issues with calm, comfort, and ease
* Strong troubleshooting and support skills, including the ability to creatively utilize all available resources to satisfy customer
* Ability to take ownership of complex issues/assignments and follow through to completion
* Demonstrates aptitude to prioritize and handle multiple issues simultaneously
* Effective oral and written communication skills
* Strong attention to detail and accuracy
* Ability to work independently in a fast paced technical environment
* Ability to function and contribute in team environment
* Effective time management and project management skills
* Must be willing to work flexible hours
* Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a technical support environment
* Minimum of 3 years’ experience managing a team
* Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
Any experience of the following would be a distinct advantage;
* Microsoft Operating Systems
* Microsoft Office Suite
* Internet and networking technologies
* Web Servers (Apache or IIS)
* Databases and database management systems (SQL, MySQL, Oracle)
* Experience with a programming language (VB or C++) and ASP or PHP-based web programming, Java, JBoss, and XML
So, if you are a strong man manager with experience of managing a customer based IT department then please click on apply today.
Located within Manchester airport so easy to get to by car, train, bus and most other forms of transport.
Ascent People Ltd is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. Applicants from all ages and backgrounds will be considered.