Business Development Manager, New Business, Software, Logistics, FMCG, Supply Chain, Logistics.
My client is a global Supply chain/FMCG software provider who is expanding their Manchester based office.
They are looking for an experienced New Business Development Manager who has a strong and successful background in selling into relevant organisations.
The main responsibilities of the Business Development Manager role include;
* The achievement of new business and account management targeted sales bookings, to be achieved by both dedicated focus on the up-sell and cross-sell of new and recurring revenue.
* Working on a range of new business sales opportunities found from either leads supplied or from own efforts (e.g. cold-calling and prospecting)
* Exploiting opportunities for added value services including professional services, related to my client’s portfolio of own and partner-provided software and services for B2B supply chain, business integration and communication.
As an experienced Business Development Manager you will have the following experience;
* 10 years + stable employment pattern
* Verifiable achievement against targets
* Strong and successful background in selling into Retail and/or FMCG and/or Supply Chain & Logistics, at all tier levels within the organisation
* Strong commercial awareness and experience in closing commercial negotiations
* Self-starter – equally comfortable with new business leads or prospecting for own leads
* Credibility to deliver complex sales presentations and propositions up to C Level T1
* Minimum of 5 years of quota-carrying application software sales experience
* Ability to work under minimum supervision with latitude for independent judgment
* Understands how to differentiate between what a prospect “wants” and “needs”
* Ability to separate strategic and tactical requirements as well as influencing the outcome of a sales process accordingly
* Ability to work with partner organisations to collaboratively secure business
* Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
* Understands revenue recognition guidelines for SaaS and Perpetual License software sales
If you are an experienced Business Development Manager please apply for this role today!
Ascent People is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy and applicants from all ages and backgrounds will be considered.