Big Data Engineer, Analytics, Kafka, Cassandra, Hadoop, Spark, Zookeeper, .Net Core, Azure, DevOps, Big Data Administration, Disaster Recovery – Global Software House, East Midlands 55-65K
* Do you have experience in working with Big Data?
* Do you have experience of Kafta or similar and want to join a brand-new Big Data Team?
* Want to work for an Award-winning Global Software House who is expanding?
ROLE: Brand new Big Data Engineer role with this Software House, an opportunity to make it your own and really drive Big Data through the business. A key part of your role will be to work with data from thousands+ devices, working on data ingest, data movement and data consumption pipelines. Generating insight into data by applying computational intelligence, optimisation, and big data analytics techniques.
As a Big Data Specialist, we need you to have covered some of the following:
* Confluent’s Kafka library (and Librdkafka in general)
* Kafka administration
* Kafka monitoring using JMX
* High-performance stream processing
* Kafka Connectors (mainly Sinks initially, e.g. for HDFS)
* Hadoop ecosystem, Essentially HDFS and Hive; Desirable: Spark, Zookeeper, Oozie. NiFi
Any knowledge of the following is beneficial: High-performance Asynchronous Kafka communication from .NET, Microservice architectural patterns, Automated testing
COMPANY: Our Global client has multiple locations around the world. With around 300+ employees they invest heavily every year in Research & Development ensuring their products remain at the forefront of technology and have a ring-fenced training budget offering all staff continual personal development opportunities. Occupying modern office facilities with free parking commutable from Leicester, Nottingham and Derby. Accessible by public transport. Salary is up to 55-65K + an impressive benefits package.
If you believe you fit the role, then please click apply for immediate consideration. Your CV will come straight to my inbox and I shall contact you soon after. If you don’t have a CV ready just send me an email and we can talk through the role and you can get a CV together later. Find me on LinkedIn – Bryn Evans
Candidates of all ages and backgrounds will be considered for this role. Ascent People is acting as an employment agency in respect to this role.