Big Data Administrator / Big Data Developer, Analytics, Business Intelligence, MongoGB, SQL Server, Hadoop, Disaster Recovery – Global Software House, East Midlands 45K (+/-)
* Do you have experience in working with Big Data?
* Do you get Big Data?
* Want to work for a Global Software House who are expanding?
ROLE: Brand new Big Data Developer / Big Data Administrator role with this Software House, an opportunity to make it your own and really drive Big Data through the business. Working within the Business Intelligence function you will be implementing a big data and analytics platform and will work with technologies such as, Kafka, Spark and database technologies such as MongoDB, Cassandra and SQL Server.
As the Big Data Specialist some of your responsibilities will include:
* Be involved in the assessment of the suitability of database technologies
* Configuration of Hadoop and other technologies in the big data ecosystem
* Design and implement batch data transformations, data workflows
* Ensure Data Quality and high level of enterprise readiness of the solution
* Security and governance
What we need you to have in your BIG Data toolkit is:
* A recognised qualification within BIG Data
* Have worked in a similar role
* Good Database knowledge
* Streaming / Batch Data
COMPANY: Our East Midlands based client has multiple locations around the world. With around 300+ employees they invest heavily every year in Research & Development ensuring their products remain at the forefront of technology and have a ring-fenced training budget offering all staff continual personal development opportunities. Occupying modern office facilities with free parking commutable from Nottingham, Mansfield and Derby. Accessible by public transport. Salary is up to 45K + an impressive benefit’s package.
Feel free to email me for a spec jo.bevington @ ascentpeople .co .uk
If you believe you fit the role, then please click apply for immediate consideration. Your CV will come straight to my inbox and I shall contact you soon after. If you don’t have a CV ready just send me an email and we can talk through the role and you can get a CV together later. Find me on LinkedIn – Jo Bevington or Twitter @ITRecruiterJo
Candidates of all ages and backgrounds will be considered for this role. Ascent People is acting as an employment agency in respect of this role.