Application Support Engineer, Software Release Engineer, Software Release Administrator, Automation/DevOps, Configuration, IIS, SQL, Scripting, Powershell, MSBuild, Bamboo, Jenkins, Selenium – 40K
* Do you have experience of software deployment into high availability areas?
* Do you embrace automation / DevOps in your current environment for software release?
* Do you have a background in Application Support?
Role: Working for this software house as a Software Release Engineer / Application Support Engineer you will be responsible for: Creating builds; Deploying code; Configuration; Creating automated scripts; Change control and developing release and change process and application support.
It is essential you have:
* Application Support / Software Support either Desktop or Web applications
* Understanding of designing, optimising, maintaining or improving software build and deployment pipelines (e.g. MSBuild, Bamboo, Jenkins, Selenium, PowerShell, Redgate)
* Knowledge and experience of automating tasks with PowerShell (or other scripting languages)
* Understanding of modern software development technologies, practices & environments
* T-SQL knowledge
* Networking & Infrastructure knowledge
You will find yourself working out of a modern office facility with free parking (also accessible by public transport).
In a nutshell – What we need from you is proven experience working on the release and deployment of customer-facing applications. You should have an excellent understanding of the software development lifecycle and key methodologies used in the delivery of software. The role will require a great deal of technical know-how to help create builds and automate the deployment of code.
This role will find you working with many different areas of the business including key stakeholders and therefore excellent communication skills are required.
Salary & Package: Base salary up to 40K, 25 days holiday, free parking. The office is based in the Midlands, commutable from Nuneaton, Coventry and Leicester. Easy access from the M69. Must be able to drive, not accessible via public transport.
Candidates of all ages and backgrounds will be considered for this role. Ascent People is acting as an Employment Agency in respect of this vacancy.