Application Support Engineer, Software Support, Systems Support.
My client, a growing organisation is looking for an experienced Application Support Engineer with an exceptional client-facing/customer-facing background with a good working knowledge of SQL Server
As an Application Support Engineer, your role will include:
* Customer Support / HelpDesk, 1st, 32nd, 3rd line support, providing day-to-day telephone, remote access, and where applicable onsite support to our customer in the event of an issue not being resolved remotely.
* Installing server software into a customer’s environment. This is normally done remotely but there may be the need to attend a client site in some instances.
* Configuring the system into a working model, based on customer requirements.
* Install, set-up, configure and commission the connected devices.
* Establish network communications to all line devices and associated systems and carry out system testing as part of the commissioning process.
* Contribute towards the professional installation system documentation as to the components used, configuration settings, etc.
* Liaise with the Development and Solutions teams within the company to allow thorough testing of new devices before drivers are released to site engineers and integrators.
* Identify and escalate issues to relevant departments when necessary.
* Support the Engineering team remotely through your expertise in the latest software releases.
* To provide customer training on our products, based in our training centre or on site as required.
* To be part of the Out of Hours rota and take calls from customer sites and resolve issues.
As an experienced Application Support Engineer you will have most of the following experience;
* At least 2 years of experience working in a client-facing IT Support role
* An innovative approach to problem-solving with the ability to utilise and share knowledge with others in the team and across the company.
* A good understanding of installation and setup of Microsoft SQL Server including intermediate scripting skills.
* A full understanding of TCP/IP networks including features such as Firewalls, IIS, and FTP.
* Full cycle software implementation experience.
* End user and project team training skills.
* Excellent client facing skills.
* Flexibility and willingness to undertake support across the UK, Europe and potentially other areas of the world. Notice always provided.
* Full UK passport and UK driving license Beneficial
* Exposure to scripting languages such as XML, XSLT, ASP
* Knowledge of other Microsoft SQL tools including SSRS, SSAS, SSIS
* Experience of industrial devices and communication protocols
* Another spoken language – German, Spanish, French
The role will report directly to the Software Engineering Director and will involve daily contact with customers both by telephone and on-site, suppliers, and colleagues with respect to infrastructure and software deployment functions.
The role is office-based, the location being close to Runcorn/ Frodsham, Cheshire, with the potential of site visits for support purposes.
Benefits for the Application Support Engineer role include;
A highly competitive, salary, a laptop and a phone will be made available as part of the role. A 6% contributory pension scheme (available upon successful completion of 3 months of service) 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays) Weekly Payment for Out of Hours, plus an amount per call received
If you are interested in this Application Support Engineer role then please send your CV for immediate consideration
Ascent People is acting as an employment agency for this role and applications from all ages and backgrounds will be consdiered.