3rd Line, Infrastructure Engineer, Systems Engineer, Exchange 2010/2013, Citrix, VMWare, Windows, Active Directory, Linux – Salford 40-45K
Reporting to the Infrastructure Manager providing 3rd Line Support for the group server and messaging infrastructure.
Working as part of the Group IT team, responsibilities will include configuring, upgrading and maintaining the company’s server, virtualisation and messaging infrastructure and installing/configuring new systems whilst liaising and planning with other highly skilled infrastructure and network specialists. Specific projects will vary depending on business requirements and focus on policies; procedures; documentation; security and being a team player is key. In this role you will be a member of a small and dynamic team with opportunities to be exposed to new technologies and methods for ensuring reliable and secure IT operations.
* 3rd line infrastructure experience working within a fast paced environment
* Solid experience with all aspects of production Microsoft Exchange 2010 & 2013 messaging environments
* Solid experience with Citrix range of solutions, such as XenApp; XenDesktop; XenMobile; NetScalers
* Solid understanding and exposure to SAN solutions, especially NetApp and iSCSI
* Proven Windows 2003/2008 & 2012 Server, VMWare VCenter, Active Directory skillset
* Datacentre server (HP Servers/Dell Blades) hardware build, configuration and support
* Demonstrably comfortable working on own initiative and as part of a project team
* Familiarity and acceptance of ITIL standards and associated change management disciplines
* Confident in applying security hardening to Microsoft and Linux platforms
* Solid networking skills and understanding of network infrastructures and security issues
This will be a fast paced and fluid environment so responsiveness and the ability to manage varying workloads is important. Planned and unplanned out of hours work will be required from time to time and therefore you should live within a reasonable commute of Manchester.
Salary/Package: 38-44K base, Pension, Bonus, Modern office working facility, 25 days holiday. Accessible by public transport. Based in Manchester, commutable from Altrincham, Wilmslow, Oldham and Salford.
Candidates of all ages and backgrounds will be considered for this role. Ascent People is acting as an employment agency in respect of this vacancy.