Linux, Unix, Windows, Exchange, MS Server, LAN/WAN, Linux Support Engineer, Linux Support, 2nd Line Support, 3rd Line Support, IT Support Analyst, IT Support Engineer, Infrastructure Analyst, Support, Manchester
Are you a 2nd Line Support Engineer? Do you have knowledge of both Windows and Linux?
Our client is looking to employee a 2nd Line Support Engineer. You will be joining a team of 4 members supporting a range of on-premise and hosted infrastructure for their applications and websites. You must have experience of working with both windows and Linux and able to support their extensive programme of infrastructure renewal. You will be providing 2nd line support for incident whilst escalating to 3rd line when necessary.
The skills required for the role of the 2nd Line Support Engineer are:
* Strong experience of Linux Operating Systems (e.g. RedHat/Centos/Ubuntu)
* MS Server 2003/2012, Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8 operating system
* Exchange 2003/2013 Email server
* Server architecture
* Minimum 3yrs experience of 2nd line support
* Load Balancing/Failover solutions
* LAN/WAN architecture and communication protocols including configuration of Cisco routers and Sophos firewalls
* VMware, XenServer is desirable
* Online infrastructures Support is desirable
Our client is the UK’s largest loan broker and is located in South Manchester and is a forward-looking and expanding company. The salary on offers is up to £25K and includes benefits. They are looking to employee a friendly, positive, hardworking and passionate individual to join their team. They are a company that support you in your career and will respect and encourage you to do your best.
If you are looking for a new opportunity as a 2nd Line Support Engineer please send your CV over ASAP for consideration.
Candidates of all ages and backgrounds will be considered for this role. Ascent People LTD is acting as an employment agency in respect to this vacancy.