1st Line, Service Desk, IT Support, Windows 7 & 10, Active Directory, MS Office, ITIL – UK Communications company – 20-22K + Training
ROLE: An exciting opportunity has arisen for a 1ST Line Support / Service Desk Analyst to join the IT team at a time of significant and exciting change. This is a UK leading Communications company who can boast some of UK’s biggest clients as their customers. They have an impressive history and more exciting future.
The purpose of this role is to provide first level support to customers, including taking calls and handling incidents or Service Requests using the incident management and request fulfilment processes, in line with Service Desk objectives.
Technical skills knowledge required: Windows 7/10, Mobile Phones (iPhone/Blackberry) set ups, VMWare / Server knowledge (not essential, will be trained)
* Act as a single point of contact for phone calls and emails from staff regarding IT issues and queries
* Receiving, logging and managing calls from internal staff via telephone and email and Service Desk ticketing system
* Escalate unresolved calls to L2 and infrastructure support team
* Maintaining an Asset Database and tracking changes
* Take ownership of user problems and follow up the status, communicating progress in a timely manner
* To arrange for external technical support where problems cannot be resolved in house
* Publishing support documentation to assist staff with requests for information
* Report to Service Desk Team Lead on any issue that could significantly impact the business
* Support will include out of hours rostered phone support
* 12 months + IT Service Desk
* You will be a self-motivated achiever who gains satisfaction from providing excellent customer service
* Excellent communication skills and telephone manner
* Excellent organisational & problem-solving ability
* A strong sense of urgency and the ability to multi-task effectively
* Contribute to the overall success of the Service Desk Team by working together to improve existing processes and technical understanding
SALARY: 20-22K pending experience, Pension, Healthcare, free parking. Commutable from Leicester, Nottingham & Coventry.
Candidates of all ages and backgrounds will be considered. Ascent People is acting as an Employment Agency in respect of this vacancy.