1st/2nd Line Service Desk Engineer, IT Support Analyst, Windows 10, Server, Active Directory, MS Office, Cloud/Azure – Tech company – 22-25K + Training
ROLE: An exciting opportunity has arisen for a 1ST / 2nd IT Line Support / Service Desk Analyst to join the IT team at a time of significant and exciting change. This is a well-established IT provider who can boast retaining clients for over 20 years – first class service. They have an impressive history and more exciting future.
The purpose of this role is to provide first & second-level support to customers, including taking calls and handling incidents or Service Requests using the incident management and request fulfillment processes, in line with Service Desk objectives. Escalating to the 3rd line team when required.
Excellent training opportunity. The ability to look after both external and internal customers.
Technical skills knowledge required: Windows 10, Mobile Phones, Active Directory, VMWare / Server knowledge and Cloud/Azure (not essential, will be trained)
* Act as a point of contact for phone calls and emails regarding IT issues and queries
* Escalate unresolved calls to L3 and infrastructure support team
* Maintaining an Asset Database and tracking changes
* Take ownership of user problems and follow up the status, communicating progress in a timely manner
* Publishing support documentation to assist staff with requests for information
* Report to Team Lead on any issue that could significantly impact the business
* 2 years + IT Service Desk (or equivalent competency level)
* You will be a self-motivated achiever who gains satisfaction from providing excellent customer service
* Excellent communication skills and telephone manner
* Excellent organisational & problem-solving ability
* A strong sense of urgency and the ability to multi-task effectively
* Contribute to the overall success of the Service Desk Team by working together to improve existing processes and technical understanding
SALARY: 22-25K pending experience, Pension, free parking. Commutable from Leicester, Nottingham & Coventry.
Candidates of all ages and backgrounds will be considered. Ascent People is acting as an Employment Agency in respect of this vacancy.